Helen Keller was born on today in 1880 (d. 1968). She wrote, “An individual who’s severely impaired by no means is aware of his hidden sources of energy till he’s handled like a standard human being and inspired to form his personal life.” Though going through the daunting challenges of being each deaf and blind, she confirmed outstanding resilience in her lifetime of service.
Keller labored for the American Basis for the Blind for 44 years and traveled around the globe giving new hope to these with disabilities. Her charismatic persona moved each the common-or-garden and the highly effective — together with Mark Twain, Martha Graham, American presidents, and international heads of state.
Helen Keller fashions for us the religious apply of zeal which implies to be really alive within the fullest sense of the time period. Jean Houston has stated of her: “This luminous girl, this individual of such intense empathy and curiosity in everyone and every thing, was maybe probably the most completely alive human being I’ve ever met.”
To call today:
Meet Helen Keller once more or for the primary time by viewing:
Take considered one of these quotations by Helen Keller and let it’s your guiding gentle this week:
- “The most effective and most stunning issues on this planet can’t be seen and even touched, they should be felt within the coronary heart.”
- “Science might have discovered a remedy for many evils, but it surely has discovered no treatment for the worst of all of them — the apathy of human beings.”
- “My religion within the goodness of the human coronary heart is unshaken. All the times of my life I’ve been upheld by that goodness.”
- “I lengthy to perform an amazing and noble process however it’s my chief obligation to perform small duties as in the event that they had been nice and noble.”
- “Life is both a daring journey or nothing. To maintain our faces towards change and behave like free spirits within the presence of destiny is energy undefeatable.”